Workforce Development aims to provide an avenue for employment by empowering individuals who are oppressed, forgotten and hurting. The program focuses on three main areas: vocational training and education, social enterprises and employment services, including assistance with job placement and other wraparound services.
- Vocational Training and Education
- Culinary Arts Training Program is licensed as a trade school by the Ohio Board of Career Colleges and Schools and validated by the American Culinary Federation. By completing this 6-month certificate, students participate in 144 hours of classroom learning and 280 hours of hands-on experience related to the food service industry, as well as 48 hours of job-readiness training.Opportunities for more advanced training are available upon graduation.
- SAW prepares individuals with disabilities for jobs with local food companies and restaurants in partnership with the Cuyahoga County Board of Developmental Disabilities (CCBDD) and its non-profit affiliate, Solutions at Work, Inc.
- Chopping for Change empowers women in the criminal justice system by providing them with significant work experience and training. This innovative partnership with the Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction, and the Cuyahoga County Office of Reentry also allows women to receive supplemental services including counseling and case management designed to facilitate their re-entry experience and decrease recidivism.
- Social Enterprises
- Central Kitchen is an in-house, state-of-the-art commercial kitchen. Volunteers and culinary students help produce 2,000 – 5,000 meals per day for people who are homeless in northeast, Ohio.
- Employment Readiness and Placement Services
- Care Team members provide services to people residing in public housing including wellness checks, escorting and shopping.
- Public Assistance Volunteers in partnership with Cuyahoga County, provides community service opportunities in Central Kitchen for individuals receiving public assistance.
Learn more about Workforce Development: