MAKING DECISIONS. ENHANCING LIVES.
Adult Guardianship Services (AGS) of Cuyahoga County and Volunteer Guardianship Program (VGP) of Lorain County provide legal guardians to serve as concerned caring advocates and surrogate decision-makers for indigent, incompetent adults who cannot care for themselves and have often encountered abuse or exploitation. Guardians look after the emotional, social, financial and physical well-being of these vulnerable adults and advocate for the least restrictive living environment possible. They often make end-of-life decisions as well as funeral arrangements.
- ADVOCACY – We believe that we must represent and defend the best interest of our wards in accordance with guardianship law. We believe that educating and influencing the community is our concern. We believe that influencing public policy for the welfare of our wards is our concern.
- VOLUNTEERISM – We respect the dedication, contribution, and unique commitment of our volunteers.
- JUSTICE – We acknowledge and shape our work according to the fundamental human rights and needs of the individual.
- INTEGRITY – We are guided by and committed to the highest ethical standards.
- DIGNITY – We recognize and uphold the dignity of each ward with sensitivity.
- COMPASSION – We serve our wards in a spirit of empathy and selflessness. We are dedicated to providing our wards with the highest quality of care.
- COLLABORATION – We value strong relationships with the individuals and organizations with whom we work. We interact with others in a spirit of inclusiveness, cooperation, and trust.
- SHALOM – We are committed to the well-being of our wards and each other. We value peace in the lives and the hearts of our wards.
Learn more about guardianship:
Learn more about volunteering:
To make a referral for guardianship or apply to volunteer, see program-specific pages to the left.